House Bill 161
152nd General Assembly (Present)
Becomes effective upon date of signature of the Governor or upon date specified
AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 29 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY INVESTMENT FUND.
This Act allows the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control to assist more small businesses and organizations in making energy efficiency improvements to their facilities by raising the proportion of those projects that can be funded through grants or loans by the Energy Efficiency Investment Fund. Currently, assistance is capped at 30% of the project cost up to $250,000, leaving an applicant to come up with the remaining 70% or more. This can be prohibitive for smaller entities. By raising the eligible proportion of the project cost to 60%, without changing the maximum funding, the Department can help more small businesses, local governments, and nonprofits reduce their operating costs and environmental impact.